If you’ve been following along this week, you might have noticed that Audrey Rose Photography took some anniversary photos for us! I know, I know. Our anniversary isn’t until June! I got a good laugh when Ryan told me his Dad thought he had missed it! But, things will be jam-packed in June for our photographer and for us.
Today I want to share with you some of my key takeaways from being on the OTHER side of the lens. As a photographer, I can sometimes get into the zone and forget what it feels like to be a client. This session was a simple reminder of the process my clients go through when preparing for a session, what it feels like to be the one in front of the camera, and how exciting it is waiting for your photos!
I just want to say, Audrey did an AMAZING job. I attended her workshop back in August, and you can read that blog post here. I was so impressed by her workflows, and overall client experience, on top of her photography. I learned so much from her workshop that I use in my business today. And, I knew that if I had an opportunity to hire her, I would.
As promised, here are the things that hit me the most:
- Choosing an outfit for a session is HARD STUFF. I tried to take the advice I give my own brides which is stick to your personality. The last time we had our photos taken, I didn’t do that. I’m glad to say that this time, I did. And, I was so much happier with the results. I actually wore a dress I’ve had for a long time, and just put together pieces from our closet. Ok.. the shoes were new. 😉
- It made me feel awesome when Audrey remembered my ‘side’. If you are a client of mine, you know that I ask what your best side is, and Audrey asked me that, too! And, she remembered it throughout the entire session. It made me feel awesome to know she was doing her best to make me look good. One time Ryan even tried to stand on the wrong side and she told us to switch.
- Seeing sneak peaks is SO EXCITING! As a photographer it’s so much fun to go home and edit a sneak peek for a client, but actually being on the receiving end is so awesome! It felt like Christmas when Audrey posted a few photos for us to see!
- Great photos can make the walls! I am going to hang these photos up on the wall and they’ll be around for awhile! You might have seen my Instagram post where I talked about these being the photos our kids will see years from now. I really meant that. As a photographer, it’s easy get caught up in the work and forget that we are creating these images for the generations to come. This has really motivated me to work hard for my clients, so they too will want to hang their photos up on their walls.
- Timelineness is EVERYTHING. As a client, you want to see your photos as soon as your photographer can get them to you. It really reminded me how excited my clients are to get their hands on their session. I have a whole new perspective on the waiting. But, let’s be honest- I didn’t really wait at all because Audrey is amazing at what she does! We already have our entire gallery!
Here are a few of my favorites, courtesy of Audrey Rose Photography
Thanks for reading! See you next week!