One of the most popular blog posts I have ever written was 10 Things Your Wedding Photographer Wants You To Know, so I have decided to share a Part 2 with 5 MORE things your wedding photographer wants you to know!
I really enjoy writing blog posts like this, and I’ve found that it actually helps my brides! I tend to be a pretty curious person myself, and I think posts like this kind of scratches that itch for people like me! These posts covers little tidbits I wouldn’t necessarily talk about otherwise.
So, without further ado, here are five more common things I wish all couples knew!
- Wedding planners & day-of coordinators are worth their weight in gold. Think of all the stress and to-do lists you have, now imagine someone just taking that completely off your plate, and just enjoying your wedding day. Maybe one day I will write a completely separate blog post on this, but it’s incredible to see the difference they make! You can find one for every budget, too!
- I love connecting with the couples I work with! I love being a photographer, but what makes this job amazing are the people I get to meet along the way. It’s important for me to have a genuine friendship and connection with the couples I work with. Not only does it give me purpose, but I’ve found my couples become so much more comfortable in front of the camera on their wedding day!
- Generally speaking, the only shot list I need is for family portraits. If you have an unusual photo request, let me know. But, I will cover all of the bases on your wedding day. The same goes for Pinterest boards. If you have an unusual request you can let me know, but otherwise I have a specific workflow and style that I gravitate towards and my clients can expect from me. It stifles creativity and takes up a lot of time to work from a Pinterest board and constantly check it throughout the wedding day or engagement session.
- If you are going to splurge on anything other than photography, I think it should be your bouquet! I’m sure it goes without saying that I think you should put as much money as you can into your wedding photos (that’s a blog post for an entirely different day!) However, second only to that, I HIGHLY recommend splurging on your bouquet or at least making sure you are obsessed with your bouquet!! Your bouquet is going to be in your hands all day long. It will also be in almost every single photo! It can truly elevate the look of your wedding photos and set the tone of your wedding day. I cannot stress this enough. I can provide some great florist recommendations if you need any!
- Consider sunset when setting your ceremony time. This is especially important for Fall and Winter weddings. And, even more important for couples who do not want a first look. If the sun sets at 5pm, and your ceremony is at 5pm, we won’t have any time after the ceremony to take portraits outside. Google sunset times for your wedding day and consider the amount of daylight we will have for portraits. When in doubt, ask me for a timeline example and I’ll be more than happy to help. Countless brides have asked me about their ceremony time before settling on it just to make sure we will have plenty of sunlight!
There you have it! 5 more things I wish couples knew! I hope you found it helpful!!
Read more related blog posts!
TIPS ON WORKING FROM HOME
8 KENTUCKY WEDDING VENUES I WOULD LOVE TO PHOTOGRAPH
BAR TRIP PART ONE: SEATTLE & MT. RAINIER
KATIE GALLAGHER PHOTOGRAPHY’S 2020 GOALS